Steering Committee of NRP 80 "Covid-19 in Society" elected
The Research Council has elected a Steering Committee of international experts who are responsible for the scientific implementation of NRP 80.
The Steering Committee of NRP 80 is composed of experts from Switzerland and abroad and chaired by Professor Thomas N. Friemel of the University of Zurich:
- Thomas N. Friemel, Head of the Division Media Use and Effects, Department of Communication and Media Research, University of Zurich (President)
- Mathilde Bourrier, Department of Sociology, University of Geneva
- Claire Dunlop, Professor of Politics and Public Policy, Department of Politics, University of Exeter, UK
- Gudela Grote, Chair of Work and Organisational Psychology, Department of Management, Technology and Economics, ETH Zurich (delegate of the National Research Council, Programmes division)
- Samia Hurst, Institute for Ethics, History and the Humanities, University of Geneva (representative of the Swiss National Covid-19 Science Task Force)
- Winfried Koeniger, Professor of Economics, Department of Economics, Managing Director, Swiss Institute for Empirical Economic Research (SEW-HSG), University of St. Gallen
- Tom Postmes, Professor of Social Psychology, Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences, University of Groningen, NL
- Ingrid Schoon, Professor of Human Development and Social Policy, Institute of Education, Social Research Institute, University College London, UK
- Annelies Wilder-Smith, Professor of Emerging Infectious Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK (representative of the NRP 78 Steering Committee)
- Prof. Isabelle Wildhaber, Director, Full Professor for Private Law and Business Law, Institute for Work and Employment Research, University of St. Gallen
The members of the Steering Committee cover the various disciplines of NRP 80 and are charged, in particular, with selecting the research projects and providing scientific support. Dr. Sabina Littmann-Wernli, Head of Research and Evaluation at the Federal Social Insurance Office (FSIO), and Lisa Wildi, Scientific Collaborator in the Strategic Management Support Section of the Federal Chancellery, represent the Federal government in the Steering Committee and play a key role in knowledge transfer to the administration.